Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Typoon Hagupit

SO just an update, there is a Typhon Hagupit hitting Hong Kong right now and we are feeling it here in Huizhou, its not that bad just some wind and rain. We are all safe and fine, we are just going to stay in tonight and hit the hay early, partially since we are so tired from white water rafting yesterday. the only real danger we have from the typhoon here is the wind that would blow things off balcony's on buildings. life is good we have to work 6 days this week since we are going to have 8 days off next week for the holiday, Lisa Viki and I are all going to Yangshou and looking forward to that. its the best time of the year to go there. well i am off to look at the news and see whats new in the world. love all.

3 comments:

Don N Beck said...

I sure appreciate you letting us know that you're ok where you are! Lots of things happen in China...and it's so far away, I'm just happy you think to keep us posted. Have fun on your holiday. We're loving the pix you've sent...can't wait to see what you come back with from this trip. I'll have to Google it all, so I'll see where you'll be...I do like to keep track! Love you!

Don N Beck said...

BTW, I was thinking about your more difficult students (even the easy ones). How about working photos of them into the lessons? Or just making a board they can post themselves onto? Even in this day of digital cameras, kids still LOVE pix of themselves. Who knows, but taking, printing, posting them might be a bonding experience for you all, and make them feel a unity with you. Just a thought.....

Don N Beck said...

Am I the only one talking here???


Anyhoo...I really like the world clock widget, that helps me !